Friday, June 24, 2011

Need to VENT

I am so frustrated!!! Yesterday I had an interview for a position (III)in another facility at my work. 1st of all, I have been out of school since 1999, worked in a hospital lab for 3 years. Then got an opportunity to work in a Micro QC lab for 5 yrs. My last year I was referred for a promotion but did not receive. I has been in a new area for 3yrs and honestly if I would have known I was being refereed for a promotion would have put more effort on my part. Fast forward to the year we got married 2005. I knew we were moving and that was the year we started trying for baby. Move in Jan of 2007 to VA to a QC Chem lab. The reason I came in as a I was bc I didn't have direct experience as an chemist on the bench. I was fine with that, just was happy I had a job. Well, it wasn't an easy transition for me bc I made a lot of mistakes and was not detail oriented. Granted that my mind was on making babies and being jealous of people that already had them. February 2009, finally my dream of becoming a mother was a reality two fold. So I became an auditor so I wouldn't have to work with chemicals. I used to be an auditor in my previous job so it was an easy transition. And I did well, believe me it was easier to find other peoples mistakes than to make my own. October 2009 went on maternity leave with M. Hale as supervisor. When I came back from maternity leave in Jan 2010, M. Hale left to become department manager so we got a new boss JimBo. We had a Quarterly meeting where they anounced who had gotten promoted. Certain people that were kiss assses of course got it and that lit a fire in me. Not too long after that I talked to him that I wanted to get a promotion it has been so long since I got out of school, I am essentially already doing II functions. JimBob: yea, yea we will get you promoted. Well he left our area and we got DON'T KNOW WHATS GOING ON DUMB BOSS that got moved from his role bc he approved something he wasn't supposed to. So I talked to JimBob and said I feel like I am going to get lost in the shuffle and he said no worries I will forward all your promotion info to DUMB BOSS. Ok, so Dumb boss is a MICROMANAGER, he likes to be-little people.....get the idea:worst boss of my life. So, I didn't approach him about a promotion just assumed (VERY WRONG TO ASSUME) that JimBob had forwarded him all my info and I was still on track. Well, let me tell you they worked my little tale. I felt like I was the only one who cared and would stay 1-2 hrs over almost everyday getting hot items out. Also, they started MANDATORY OVERTIME: to work 6 days a week for 7 weeks with extra pay. That was really hard for me, all wanted more than anything was to be with my babies and have my weekend off. That screwed up my whole breast pumping schedule where I then used up all my frozen supply....

Anyway, come review time I had out in my goals to become Auditor II. It felt on deaf ears, he basically said I do good work but they need me more here. I had taken 10 days of Employee Time off due to appointments, kids sick or if I was sick. Granted I had worked over 240 hrs of OT last year. So he gave me exceeds and when I asked about being promoted to AII he brushed me off and said: WHY ARE YOU SO HUNG UP ON TITLES? I said, it's not the title I need the extra $$. So, stupid me, I got exceeds and and accepted. (We had the review one of the Saturdays I was working and in 2010 they had not payed us an extra dime for OT until I want to say April).

Didn't think much of it..somehow I thought I would still get it...I got Exceeds right? When we actually got our raise it was a measly 3% raise%%!! Granted most other people got 2% but I felt shafted. Talked to upper management and asked if it was too late, yes!!!
So this year, probably haven't worked as much OT. Still working weekends with out a break. 6 or 12 days on...looked at other peoples titles just as a curiosity and saw that people were promoted last year.

Needles to say I have been looking for other jobs with in the company bc I don't have the option to move and wouldn't want to any way. I have interviews for 2 jobs and nada!!

Yesterday had an interview that actually went rather well for a III. Of course didn't qualify, since II was not open he said I was a good fit for I. Gotta think about it if I get a job offer.

Past month or so we decided that we want to try for another baby. It hasn't hap pend naturally so looking to do IVF again. Went to CHO and I have a lovely cyst on my R ovry. So plans of starting treatment in July: not gonna happen. They told me to come back in 6 weeks and we will go from there.

This also ways heavy on my mind, it is a biological facility and don't know if I could work there if pregnant. If I go in as I my pay grade level would go up, not as much weekends. I will be under some people that I used to work with that are II's and I would feel like I am under them.

Shouldn't think about this until I have a job offer right. Well, Chloe woke up and I was thinking in bed and couldn't sleep about all this. It feels great to write. Obviously I've been a terrible blogger. As you can read, I have been very busy!!!

My Chloe and Charlie are doing awesome and growing so fast. As hard as it is sometimes it has been a joy!!

Anyway, will post pics soon. Gotta go back to bed and sleep this off!!

No comments: