As the header reads – This is a blog about Eddie and Helene’s (not real names) journey to parenthood and the obstacles in our way. Going back to the start of the story we met back in August 2003. Married in June 2005 and of course I thought as soon as the BCP were gone I would be pregnant in no time. How naive of me! A few months before the wedding I thought I was clever and try and out-smart AF and take BCP back to back for a few months. When AF was supposed to come of course she didn’t show up. I threw off my delicate hormonal balance system. I saw my ob before the wedding and he put me on Provera. Fine…I got it and thought it would take a few months for my body to regulate itself. I temped, charted, bought OPKs and kept track of days. I bought TCOYF and thought I was the expert and that now it would happen in no time. Boy was I wrong. Fast forward to 6 months TTC and no luck…I visited ob in January 2006 and he gave me suggestions…as in having intercourse every other day from CD11-21. Great that was it, now for sure it would happen. NOT! Saw him again in April 2006 with the excuse we are moving soon and it still has not happened. What is going on and can I start getting some workups done. I got preliminary blood work, Eddie got a SA done and I scheduled an HSG that month too. Well, my blood work was normal (TSH, LH, FSH). Unfortunately while we were visiting in VA we got the news that Eddies SA was not looking too hot. These were my OBs exact words….”it’s him, it’s not you”. At that point all we knew was that he had higher abnormal morphology than he would have liked to see. But I still had the HSG and did not rule myself completely out. He referred me to an RE with hopes of an IUI, and if it was him it was an easy thing to fix. HSG May 8th 2006 – uterus is normal and both tubes are clear and open. Radiologist said now would be a great time for it to happen bc everything is clear and unplugged. I had a lot of hope…nope it has not happened yet. Which is fine because we hope to be moving to VA soon.
If you decide to follow with me on our journey to become parents I must warn you ***Read if you dare*** I may sometimes be bitter and bitchy in my posts but (from reading other ladies posts now I know I am not the only one) this is my venting world! Your comment and thoughts will be appreciated.
No comments:
Post a Comment