Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Baby, babies everywhere no way to escape

I posted on the Nest baby sucess after IF, and I got one reply from Benswife (see the post below). Maybe I could do regular ivf; I have coverage and CHO is duable. I read BellaVidas post and mini IVF is indeed for people with no IF coverage...you could do it but pay out of pocket for the expense. Waiting these next few months seems long and drawn out. As much as I don't want to think about all this it is always in the back of my mind. I always look at CBB everyday; it's like I want to know whose pregnant in Hollywood before the magazines spit it out, it is just inescapable. Eveywhere you go there is always something, someone...babies everywhere. Go figure some of us IF go through depression how can you not. The more you try and isolate it yourself and get away, it is always there.


Nestbaby post:

It has been a long time since I posted on the Nest...I used to be a former Strawberry Member with Benswife. We are still TTC with MF but have not aggressively gotten help due to different circumstances.

My question to you all is have any of you had or have heard of minimal stimulation IVF? I found out about it on a blog. Where they stimulate you with a drug (chlomid or another one) to produce fewer eggs but higher quality. Then they wait until your next natural cycle to transfer - no progesterone shots.

Just wondering if any of you have done this and the success rates?

As far as for us we have been TTC for over 2yrs; we definitely need assistance to get pregnant. We are not sure if we will be doing IUI or IVF in the future. It all depends on my dh next SA...he has quit tobacco use and we are waiting three months to see if this improves his SA. Previous ones have showed good numbers but low motility and high abnormal.

I am so happy there is a Nest with Trouble TTC and sucess after IF boards, it gives me hope. I stopped going to the BOTHB bc I felt like I couldn't relate to the fertile myrtles; it made me feel mad and upset looking at all the happy baby posts when we are having difficulty TTC.

Take care everyone and congratualtions on your baby blessings!
From: BensWife

I'm so sorry to see you still struggling! We did both IUI and IVF. We only did IUI once because all of our treatments were out of pocket and we just couldn't see spending lots of money on multiple IUIs when we might need to do IVF anyway, so we only did one IUI and then went straight to IVF. We didn't do the mini IVF and I don't think I would do it. The stimulation isn't that bad and to tell you the truth, if I am going through all the shots, pain, stress, etc of IVF I want as many eggs as I can get. They ended up getting 11 eggs and only 4 made it. We transferred 2 (got pg with a singleton) and froze 2. If they had only gotten 2, who knows if they would have been better quality than the ones they did get and with only 2, there is a higher risk of not getting any eggs to transfer. If you are just dealing with a SA issue and not an egg quality issue, then the eggs you get from a typical IVF cycle might still be good quality! If you are seeing an RE already, then that might be a good conversation to have with them. Good luck hon, and I wish you all the best!
~Alesha

My response:

Hi Alesha,
Thank you for your input and advice! I have followed your story and your blog and am soo happy for you and Ben - William is a beautiful baby boy - Congratulations! I am anxious to found out in what direction we will be heading and make our decision. Our wait will hopefully be over ny the end of the year.

No comments: