I got this expert from twoweekwait.com:
We tried to get pregnant for 6 months, and didn’t so I went on Clomid for 6
months with no BFP. After spending literally thousands of dollars testing my
fertility, the doctor finally asked us to get a sperm test (and that was
only $95, which we should have done in the beginning!). Turns out, my
husband had 75 million sperm count, 37% mobility, and 6% normal forms (very
poor morphology). He got his sperm tested in early November of 2006. The
doctor said we could try IUI but the success rates are not very high so we
waited and contemplated IVF with ICSI because of his sperm counts. I did not
expect to get pregnant because his morphology was so bad, but he stopped
wearing tightie whities underwear and started wearing boxers, he started
taking multi-vitamins every day, and he - ok, this is important – he was
told that he needed to ejaculate MORE often than he was, that he needs to
ejaculate 3-4 times a week for healthy regeneration of sperm. We were going
to go in May to get his sperm re-tested but lo and behold, I had a BFP 5 ½
months later! I am right now at 7 weeks. Male factor CAN change, so don’t
rely on just one test and tell him to do the things he can do to possibly
change his sperm numbers.
This really gives me hope! I wish dh would stop tobacco use and get back on fert. vitamins. We are waiting till Jan to see the RE and I wish so much it could happen naturally before then.
1 comment:
Hmmmmmm....so Mook and I need to be makin' whoopy more often ;)
Post a Comment