Monday, November 12, 2007

Good weekend

Last weekend we were in FL visiting my family so it was nice to relax this weekend. Eddie helped me clean Saturday and I attended a Party Lite Candle Party. Sunday was a pretty lazy day except for some laundry.

To get ready for my expenses (flexible spending account)next year I called the RE office to get a detailed summary of the ivf process. The nurse was very nice answering all my questions. This was the low down:
:2-3 weeks on BC
:Base-line ultrasound the day you stop BC
:Start Antagonist: Ganorelics & Centropide (she said they use these bc it is used for less days than Lupron, works quicker)
:Stims: Gonal F – FSH
:4th day they start monitoring everyday: it could be 3-6 visits
:ER
:3-5 day transfer depending on the condition of Embie’s
:Vag suppositories for Progesterone – yea, no more shots!

I am guessing for the week when I am monitored to take 1/2 days (my clinic is a little over an hour away) and then take off when I actually have the transfer.
Next year - 2week vacation off in a row, not gonna happen, that's alright with me!

How many days did you ladies take off during this process?

After talking about it to dh this weekend he is definitely on board. He even said that he might try medication for his nicotine addiction. So now I am trying to figure out when I want to get this started. I am thinking at the earliest August (latest September) transfer..so this means I would need to get started in July and transfer in August. This way if I start in late spring I can give dh enough time to quit and get tested. Who knows if his quality of SM improve we could do one IUI before we get started. I have pretty much given up hope on it happening naturally although you never know.

I am feeling optimistic, but in the back of my mind I am still nervous that this might not work. I have been telling myself to take it on day at a time and take it as it comes. I need to surround myself with positivity and deal with the outcome later. How did you ladies gear yourselves up for this process?

2 comments:

JJ said...

Just hold on tight for the ride--and I hope its a successful one! There is just a lot of hope and praying that goes into that time before, during, and after IVF...
Ill be hoping and praying for you!

Helene said...

JJ, thank you for your kind words and prayers they mean a lot!