Proud parents of two (and a third baby angel) beautiful souls!!
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
RE office
Yesterday I called the RE's office not expecting a call back but a lovely nurse called me after 4:30 pm. I shared with her our desire to pursue ivf next year and asked her what the steps are. She said I would need a follow up with Dr. Chris early next year, dh would need to have a SA done for ivf. Then she noted about follow up SA and asked me about it. Well, I said, dh has not quit tobacco use and I supposed we could set a date for the procedure and that would give him a date to stop two months prior. I have been very frustrated with my dh, we were supposed to go through with ivf last year but his going to the Uro paused that thought. He wanted to try naturally and to see if he could stop his tobacco use. Well, that has been more than a year and I am truly frustrated with him;can't really pressure him either. She asked when I was thinking of transfer and I said august (hoping for a April or May delivery), I asked he how long I would be on BC she said typically about 2-3 weeks. I am guessing Lupron for a few weeks too (please correct me if I am wrong, I have no ideas how long these shorts go for). So I am hoping to initiate the process by going to the RE office for a follow up in February 08, and get the go ahead and get all my prescriptions. Perhaps start with BC in June and Luprn in July. If anyone knows the time scheme please let me know, I am very curious. Thankfully we do have insurance coverage for 20K lifetime including all tests and pharmaceuticals. If this one shot does not work...well I will try and remain positive. Any advice?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Feel free to email me with specific questions--I did not use Lupron, but I had a very similar time line (july/august) but some clinics are different--and will depend on how long they stimulate you.
Congrats to hubby for giving up tobacco!
JJ, thank you very much for your reply! Hubby has not quit quite tobacco use but is planning on it very soon. I will e-mail you and get more info.
Thanks!
Post a Comment