Sunday, May 17, 2009

17 weeks



Now I finally feel brave enough to post a few belly pics as I feel that my belly is more than just bloat. This past week I have felt alot more movement (like flutters) but it is very sporadic.
A little of whats going on with babies this week: Babies are adding fat stores that will keep them warm and cozy after they are born. Babies weight will increase approximately six times over the next four weeks. Your baby is hard at work honing his sucking and swallowing reflexes—all the better for eating that 2 AM (and 5 AM, and 8 AM ...) meal in a few months! The finger- and toenails are beginning to grow from their nail beds, which would explain why he'll need them trimmed almost as soon as he's born! Your baby weighs nearly 5 ounces and is a little over 5 inches long—about the size of a baked potato (load on the butter and sour cream, please).

No comments: