Sunday, May 24, 2009

Practically half way there!

Today is 18 weeks and I feel like we are half way there. Being a twin pregnancy I know I most likely won't go until 40 weeks but I am going for greater than 36 weeks. So here is a little letter to my babies and uterus:


Hello my precious babies, we can't wait to find out what sex you are in a few weeks. Mommy wants to tell you babies to keep growing and stay happy and put until October. To my lovely uterus, you have cooperated with me thus far and I pray you keep your muscles relaxed and opening closed all the way until past 36 weeks. We have come far and I know you won't let me down. We both want healthy, beautiful babies so please continue your magic all the way until the end.


I read in a couple of books that babies hearing has developed this week enough to hear outside sounds. Now I can finally talk to you both and I know you can hear me, I think that is pretty cool!


Here is what else is going on this week for 3d pregnancy:


Your baby's ears are now facing forward and are completely formed so she can actually hear you talking now. You don't need to abandon your potty mouth just yet, but you might want to start thinking about it! Other highlights this week: This week is also the beginning of ossification. And while that sounds like some long and involved paperwork you'll have to fill out, it's really a fancy medical term for the hardening of your baby's miniature bones. And that's a good thing.Your baby's nerves are making more and more complex connections. Her sense of smell, taste, sight and hearing are all developing. A substance called myelin, which makes nerve connections travel faster, is now coating your baby's nerves.Your baby now weighs between 5 and 7 ounces and is about 5½ inches long—about the size of a pickle from the corner deli. (You're familiar with pickles, right? Your regular accompaniment to a big bowl of ice cream?)

No comments: