Saturday, June 21, 2008

Here we come......

Yesturday was my RE post-op appt. It went very well and I am healing up good from my lap. We then went over all the lap pictures and dh SA results....the RE said we are very good candidates for IUI. He is going to enhance me with Chlomid, Menopur and HCG. And guess what? We are going to start my next cycle. After we got all our questions answered we saw Jan (clinical nurse) and she went over the protocal and taught us how to prepare the vials and how to do the injection. Here is the break down of the protocol: when my next cycle begins, I will take Cmd on cd 3 x2 a day until cd 7. Then on cd 9 I get the Menopure shot. On cd 13 I go back to the RE for an ultra-snd to determine if my follicles are ready for the HCG shot. Then I guess after the shot I got back to the RE for the procedure. Doc Will is very optomistic that this is going to work for us given our dx findings. We can try 3x times before we could move on to ivf. I am feeling excited and optomistic as well, but I will also be a realist that this might not work right away. We are just going to take it one cycle at a time and go in with no expectations, but hoping for the best. Eddie and I decided to take a break in between cycles and continue to try ourselves as well. We are both confident that one day we will have that much desired babe in our arms and the wait would definitly be worth it.

No comments: