Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Ladies dealing with MF IF check this out!

At my mom's request I was checking out Natural Medicine for MF and came about a web-site for a clinic a few hrs away from our area. Which after talking to dh yesterday he does want to quit sooner than later and perhaps we can explore other options. This was the e-mail I sent her:

Hello Diane,

My husband and I have been trying to conceive naturally for 2 yrs. Last year we found out we have male factor fertility issues. My husband (28yrs old) has normal count but low motility and high abnormal. We would like to pursue natural medicine remedies before we get treatment from a reproductive fertility clinic. Do you treat patents such as my husband with acupuncture or herbal remedies and if so what are your success rates? If you don\'t, do you have any references for another Herbal / Chinese Medicine site close to Lynchburg, VA?

Thank you in advance for your reply.


REPLY:

Thank you for your message. Acupuncture and/or Chinese herbs can definitely be helpful for increasing male fertility. Because the issues you are facing together are sperm abnormality and motility, the course of treatment would usually be 2-3 months, weekly visits. This gives the body a chance to change some crucial factors necessary for healthy sperm. Also there are several lifestyle issues and dietary recommendations that impact sperm health. Most notable are marijuana use and extremes of cold or heat producing foods. There are other foods and herbs that I typically recommend, depending on the particular energetic imbalance. In many ways, male fertility is much more straightforward than the female system. However, most of the time women are the ones to encourage their husbands into treatment. I am sorry I have never kept statistics on patients. I tend to measure a successful outcome probably more broadly than most fertility clinics.

Do you live in Lynchburg? I am in Great Falls (near Reston) and I am just maintaining a small practice this year, since I just had a baby in January. I can offer to see your husband for herbs (a once a month consult) and you could see someone closer to you for acupuncture more regularly. Or my husband Evan Rabinowitz 202.822.4664 has a practice in downtown DC, I could recommend you to him. Or you could contact one of my colleagues Cynthia Henebry in Richmond 804. 844.0260. I am sorry I don't know anyone in Lynchburg proper. I would stress that people typically have the best results working with herbs in conjunction with acupuncture. This is because of the desired effect of changing a substance happens most easily with a substance. So try to find someone near you who also knows herbs well.

Let me know if I can be of further help. Best of luck to yon both.

Diane Gioioso

I am talking to dh when I get home and see what he thinks.

Have a good evening all!

No comments: