Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Womb For Rent

I saw Oprah yesterday womb for rent and was quite amazed at the lengths that these couples would go for their own baby. I could compassionately understand the pain of not having a little baby of your own but don't know if I would go to those lengths. I did like the fact that by being a surrogate these women are helping their families economically. One thing I noted from the show was that it seemed like O was a bit dry when it came to really understanding what IF couples go through. Even when Martha Stewarts daughter was talking about it, she just seemed so non-chalant so unfazed by the whole IVF treatment. I wish O could of asked her more questions on how she felt going through 2 to 3 treatments and going through the pain and grief when you get a negative results. Although I did like the awareness she created for females and your aging eggs...the older and longer you wait the harder it will be to achieve your baby goal. I found out this past weekend that Eddie's cousin is going for ivf next year. It would be cool to go through the process together and have that extra support of someone knowing and going through the same exact thig you are. I am still thinking next year will be the year for treatment ready or not.

Eddie is in school on-line but he has an opportunity that has come up with a local University. If he gets the job he could go to grad school for free and I could attend for free as well. He completed his 1st class on-line and doesn't know if he likes the whole format, in combination the team group he had sucked and he ended up doing all the work with my help of course. That is his latest dilema.

This past Friday we went out to our state fair and tried out one of those sleep number beds, we loved it. The bed we have know is a hand me down from my sister and we always have neck and back pains. We had no tspokena word to this lady about our TTC issues but she said that these beds are awesome for people TTC and when you do get pregnant they are great when your body changes. She said that their were couples who had gone through the whole fertility treatments spending all the money and they got the bed and got pregnant right away. We have one on order and it is coming this Friday - don't know if it will help our TTC issues but we will defiantly have more restful nights.

2 comments:

dmarie said...

We looked at Sleep Number too and almost got one. Good luck with your new bed!

Helene said...

Hi dmarie, thanks!!
I think we get it today.