Tuesday, July 15, 2008

IUI done!

Thank you all for your well wishes, the iui went really well today! We had a nice drive (1hr&10min) talking and laughing. I felt pretty stress free and so did Eddie. We got there right on time for dh lab appointment. After that was all done we waited for my appt. While we waited we got a bite to eat and Eddie read me my horoscope. Gemini - Patiece for the next coming weeks.....go figure. I was a tad bit nervous before I went in but I think it was more the anticipation of the procedure. Once I was situated in the room I had several minutes to relax, take some nice long breaths and say some prayers. I felt really calm. Doc Will walks in with the nurse and he answered some questions I had. I asked him where he was placing the sprm? - He said at the top of the uterus so they can go to both falloptubes. I asked him about my uterine lining and he said it looks good based on my last ultrasnd. I thought I would get another ultrasnd but I didn't need one. I got ready and he double checked that my dh sample was correct. Good news on his end-his count was great:47 mil and 9% morph. Yeay, go Eddie! Back to appt: Doc Will had everything ready and I wad ready too. Insemintn was pain free and over very quickly. Then they had me stay layed down for 15 to 20 min. During that time I was just thinking positive thoughts and relaxing. Then after the 20 min I was ready to go and they all wished me luck. I asked if I could do blood work in my hometown but he said that I could just wait until I had a missed period and take a hpt and to call the office with results either way. That's different but fine with me.
How I feel: I am feeling pretty good. Trying to take it easy today. I ate some pineapple/core today and will continue to eat for the next 4 days. The bromaline (I think that's how you spell it) helps with implantation. I have an open mind and will try not to over think or analyze everything. I am going back to work tomorrow and I will resume my excercise as well taking it easy of course. Let the 2ww begin!