My cubicle guy-neighbors wife had their baby today. They both work 2nd shift and while at work last night her water broke. Apparently it broke in another co-workers chair. Well, today these ladies (one works 1st-not married no kids and the other works 2nd with them-married no kids and doesn't want them or is an infertile {I think I overheard her mention})where talking about it and not in a too nice of a fashion. The 2nd shift lady was supposed to take over the guy's work so he could take her to the hospital and she was rather bitchy about it. She didn't want to do it, it was their predicament, they got themselves in that situation. And the other
1st shifter had over heard the mom complain about the number of sick days we get (5 days) and that now that she is going to be a mom she would need more than 5 days for baby and herself. Then 1st shifter said well I don't have kids so I shouldn't get penalized for not having them and not getting extra sick time. Then she says then I should be able to get extra vacation time if that were ever the case.
I am sure you have a different mentality when you have kids. I don't yet but am in the process and thought those words where harsh!!
No comments:
Post a Comment