Last night was my 1st shot and to say the least it did not go as smoothly as it should have. I had between 6-9pm for Eddie to administer the shot. Well, we (I) waited until about 10 'till 9pm to get everything together. So 1st we do the FSH water and vial mix and withdraw amt into syringe, ok that one goes well. Next we need 10cc of low dose HCG to mix with FSH. #1, we couldn't find a syringe with 10-30cc, but then after some frustration and Mr. Google we found out that 10cc is equivalents to 0.1mL and we withdraw that amount into the syringe (mind you by then it is about 9:05pm). I see the time and I try and remain calm but Eddie is freaking out a bit. Next step is to find a diabetic needle. Well, after frantically searching for one we realize we don't have one! By now it is about 9:25pm. The only needles we have are a 23G x 1 1/2- the big freaking needle. So by then it was 9:30pm and I said, Eddie just stick me with that one. I didn't look as he inserted it in my belly. Honestly, it wasn't too bad. I thought it would hurt a lot more than it did. I did have a lot of bleeding and quickly got a paper towel and put pressure on it. Today the site is only very slightly bruised. My plan is not to have a repeat of last night however, I went to the local pharmacy and the only needle they had were the size I already have, bummer. At least we will do it right on time tonight. I hope it didn't affect anything. Believe me, I learned my lesson and that is to check a day or two before I start not 10 minutes prior. I am going to MILs later to see if she has some small sterile needled (she uses them for their animals).
Any how, if I have to use the same size needle tonight I think I will be ok with it. At least I know what to expect. I will call the RE 1st thing tomorrow morning and get them to ship me some small needles and more syringes- ASAP.
Side Note:
I remember reading in Money makes the Sperm go round about M&Ms and follie growth. I ate two little bags of peanut m&ms today. Is that enough or should I eat more.
No comments:
Post a Comment