Thursday, May 24, 2012

MY MISDIAGNOSED MISCARRIAGE STORY

Wow, from my research I now realize this is a little more common than I thought. I truely had a misdiagnosed miscarriage. I beleive my little baby is a healthy late implanter and I feel like now I can really breath a sigh of relief for tomorrow. I will see you my beautiful Olive!!!

Here is my story I posted on the misdiagnosed miscarriage web-site. I almost can't believe that I have and am going through this. This truely blows my mind.

If you are doing ivf please read my story and always ask for a 2nd opinion before you do anything you are not ready to do and ALWAYS listen to YOUR GUT!!!!!!

Helene's story:

We have beautiful 21/2 year old twins by ivf and we were ready for 1 more baby so here we are. LMP: 4/2/12 Transferred 1 beautiful embryo (3 day): 4/17 Started light spotting 4/29

1st beta hcg= 48: 4/30 1st thing nurse said it is positive but with a low number...may not be viable pregnancy.

2nd hcg= 70: 5/2 Not hopeful but we will continue to monitor & she mentioned it could be ectopic with those low numbers. Wow, I thought how could that even be possible but it can happen. Still trying to maintain optimistic.

3rd hcg= 106: 5/4 It is not doubling like it should, shy of 60-66% . At this point I felt devastated & felt like it was over.

4th hcg= 226: 5/6 Went to RE & they did ultrasound. Of course to early to see anything, no fluid or blood near tubes/ovaries -slight chance of ectopic.

Doc still sounded a little hopeful & they will keep monitoring. My mom kept hope & prayers even though I had given up. So I started having hope again & am praying for a miracle baby. That Monday is when I found this web-site on Monday & you gave me hope.

5th hcg=5/8: 294

This time when I got a call from the nurse she said it was a failing pregnancy & they wanted me to start tonight with cervadil to expel contents of uterus & if my numbers rose then it was ectopic & then I would take methotrexate. I asked if we could wait, I wasn't ready to give up yet. So they gave me 1 more day.

I wanted a 2nd opinion & called my OB. At 1st I gave my background....they told me a nurse would call. Didn't hear back soon enough & I called back. I told the nurse my cycle time, positive pregnancy test & I was bleeding & worried about a miscarriage. She said it was normal to bleed early in pregnancy. It is too early for scan but they will do blood hcg. I asked what numbers cou be & she said numbers & also said even in the 200's. Well, I went & got my blood drawn:

6th hcg=5/8: 349

They wanted me to return in 48hrs.

Took hcg @ lunch for RE: The Lord heard our prayers & our little beans number went up to: 434!!!! (7th hcg 5/9)

The RE nurse spoke to doc & they still suspect ectopic (which it is not!!) but want to do an ultrasound that Thursday. On my way to my appointment there was an accident on the road with a 2-3hr delay (Devine intervention: YES!!).

I thought yeay, more time for my little bean to grow. I called my OB to see what my hcg was for the day:

Friday 5/10 = 594(8th hcg).

That made me feel at ease!!!

At 8:30am was my RE appt. & praise the Lord: There is a baby in my womb!!! Dr found a yolk sac with fetal pole...measuring smaller than it should be. He did not sound optomistic and prepared me for miscarriage do to size & my numbers. I told him I understood he has to be pesimistic but I am optomistic & hopeful.

Continued to be monitored by OB and with Friday's result they told me to draw again on Monday.

9th hcg= 5/14: 1300

With that result they said draw again in 48hrs.

10hcg 5/16= result: 1638 The OB called me today around 1pmish and said the OB wanted to me right away and so an ultrasound. Didn't tell me why but I know why: they suspected ectopic which I knew it wasn't.

I thought yeay, this is my chance to see my little bean and see that he/she has grown and maybe I could possible see a heartbeat.

At my scan scheduled for 3:30pm I saw the tech (nice lady I had seen with my twins). Of course I was a little nervous but knew everything would be ok. The scan began and I could immediately see the baby area in my womb. As she got closer (zoomed in) I saw how much my little baby had grown and:

WE SAW A HEARTBEAT!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!!

That was amazing, the baby is measuring 5w1day, a bit behind since I am 6 weeks according to LMP. I saw the OB and she said it was amazing that we saw the heartbeat this early and to be cautiously optimistic. There is always a risk of miscarriage up tp your 12week. I left feeling happy & relieved. I am soo happy I listened to my GUT!

I know I am not out of the woods but I am thankful I found this site you gave me hope. I pray that this is a miracle baby. To who ever is in the same boat as me. Don't give up, stay Positive & always get a 2nd opinion. Make sure you have clear conscious before you make any decisions. If it in God's plan then it will be. I will continue to update. Still going to RE this Friday for their ultrasound. This little baby will surprise them & I can't wait to see the look on their faces.

Update from my Friday RE visit: We saw our little baby's heart flickering. Dr said baby has had significant growth, still measuring a week behind. I can be cautiously optomistic. I think he was shocked!! I knew that we would see our baby's heart beating...will remain positive & optomistic!!

Next ultrasound is this Friday 5/25. Praying & hopeful to see that our little bean has grown.

No comments: