I got a call from the RE scheduler - Jody and we settled on Monday June 9th for my laparoscopy. Perfect week, June 11th is my birthday and I was planning on taking a vacation day from work. Now I will be taking that whole week off for Surgical Medical Leave. Also, Eddie will have his more in depth SA for morphology that day.
I was reading up on Endo from the info Doc Will gave me and it says that there are a number of theories about why Endo occurs, but the most commnly accepted explanation is called "retrograde menstruation". In this theory , menstrual flow not only comes down through the cervix and out, but also goes the opposite direction-up through the fallopian tubes and out into the pelvis.
Some of the fragments implant on the surface of the ovaries, bladder, or external surface of the fallopian tubes and continue to grow resulting in Endo. In these abn places endo fragments respond to the hormonal cycle just like normal endometrium inside the uterus. The body recognizes this tissue as abnormal and attacks it, resulting in local inflammation and scarring. This inflammation and scarring can effectively form a barrier between the sprm and egg.
This is making more sense to me and I actually think I may have it but, I think it is in my ovries and maybe on the outsider of my fallopian tubes. Around the time of ovulation my right side in particular gets very sore. Sometimes my left, and it occurs about every month. Back in May 2006 I had an HSG and it showed my tubes were clear, that is why I am thinking endo in ovaries. I talked to my mom last night and she said my Aunt and cousin had it and after they had it removed the got pregnant right away. It will be very intesting to know my dx after the LAP. This will be a long two weeks in wait for that time!
No comments:
Post a Comment