Thursday, February 05, 2009

Get in my Belly!

Two beautiful souls in my belly. I must say the whole experience has went very smoothly. On our way there I took my valium at 10:30am and as I was swallowing my pills Nurse Bonnie called. I handed the phone to Eddie and he answered. From what I was hearing embies were doing well. He passed the phone to me and I spoke to her. She said that the embryo's were looking good and they have two really good high quality ones for my transfer. I was feeling pretty calm at that point but that put me even more at ease. The rest of the drive was nice and easy specially when the vallium kicked in. We get to the RE and as soon as we got out of the elevator we saw Nurse Bonnie and she escorted us to our room. I changed into my hospital gown and even Eddie got a hair net and botties. Not too long after, Nurse Bonnie and Eddie rolled me into the room next door and she checked my bladder. It was a bit full and I released some. I went back to the room and Doc Will came in shortley after. I got situated and he checked my uterus and said it looks really good. He got me all situated and then once he got the catheter into my uterus, we were ready for the embies. Davies in the lab spoke to us through a speaker phone and wanted us to confirm our name and my birthdate on the petri dish. We confirmed and then all the sudden we saw our beautiful embryo's on the monitor. I couldn't stop smiling and thinking how amazing this whole process is. We got a picture which I promise I will scan and post in the next few days. What seemed like a few seconds later Doc Will was ready for the embryo's. Nurse Bonnie got them from the connecting window to the lab and handed them over to Doc Will and in they went into my uterus. I saw them come out through the tube. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that we have three, yes three remaining embies. That was a happy surprise to Eddie and me. The lab will monitor them for the next few days and call us to let us know how many embies made it to freeze.

Doc Will wished us well and I got rolled back to my 1st room. Davies from the lab gave us an update on the remaining embryo's and then I remained in the room for about 10 to 20 more minutes. Before we left Nurse Bonnie gave us instructions for the next 48hrs and answered any questions we had. After getting dressed we said our good-byes to Bonnie she gave us both a nice big hug and wished us luck. My HCG blood test is scheduled for February the 18th. I do have one hpt at home but I am not sure if I will us it. Now we are home and I am chilling in the bed. Eddie has been taking care of me very well. Now the 2 ww wait begins. I am going to stay positive and believe I am pregnant until proven other-wise. To my beautiful growing babies: Get comfortable because you are going to be very close to mommy for the next 9 months. As your mommy I am demanding you listen up and implant. I will see your hcg results soon. Don't disappoint me, listen to your mommy that already love's you very much.

No comments: