This morning was my egg retrieval and it went very smoothly. Eddie and I got to the RE at 7:45am and we were escorted to my 1st room. I changed into my hospital gown and shortly there after a very nice nurse administered my iv. After we chatted for a little while we met my anesthesiologist and he went over paperwork and asked if I had any questions. A little later Doc Will came into the room to say his hello's and then I got my lovely "margarita" in my iv to relax my nerves.
After a little while they rolled me into the next room. Next thing I know I am back in my original room with Eddie at my side. I guess I must of been out of it at first because I kept asking how many eggs they got and saying that the procedure went by really fast. Eddie told me that when the procedure was complete Doc Will came and got him from the waiting room and told him everything went really well and he was able to retrieve the contents of 7 follicles. Once I came to, the nurse explained to us that my eggs are getting use to their new home (the media) and will be fertilized later this morning. They will call me tomorrow in the late morning to tell me our fertility report.
About 30 minutes later I felt well enough to eat some crackers and drink some Ginger Ale and even well enough to a company Eddie for his "retrieval". Once that was complete we dropped off the sample in the lab, left and came home after some lunch at a local bakery.
Feelings:
I am feeling pretty good with not much discomfort. I did take a dose of extra strength Tylenol when I started feeling uncomfortable. I feel like I will be ready to return to work tomorrow. I look forward to hearing about how our embies have progressed. I have faith that they are growing and two will soon come to thier new home for the next 9 months.
No comments:
Post a Comment